Mailing List |
Source Code |
Installation should be straightforward. From Mozilla or Netscape 7.x click on one of the links below, wait for it to download and install and restart your browser. If you don't see the Diggler button immediately, open your Preferences dialog to the Diggler section and ensure the Diggler checkbox is checked.
Linux / Unix users please note that as with other XPI overlay packages you must ensure you have sufficient user privileges to write to your Mozilla installation's chrome/ directory. If you don't then the installation will silently fail.. I believe per-user chrome is a slated feature for Mozilla but it isn't in any version at the time of writing.To uninstall is a little more involved. You must open your Mozilla / Netscape chrome directory and delete diggler.jar, chrome.rdf file and the overlayInfo/ directory (the last two get rebuilt when you restart). Restart and the button should be gone.
- User defined tools (on Firefox only). This major feature allows you to define your own patterns and actions to put in the drop down menu. This can all be done via a new Tool editor built into the Diggler options dialog.
- Fixed visual style of the homepage link in the prefs dialog.
- Still works with Mozilla 1.7.x but absolutely not supported.
- Mostly internal fixes
- Works with Firefox 1.0PR1
- Still works with Mozilla 1.7.x but heed the note below.
- Now supports Firefox 0.9 & Mozilla 1.7!
- Drop down menu offers more choices such as lookup on Google cache and Archive.org. Code contributed by Marius Scurtescu. Thanks Marius!
- Does not require root privileges to install in Firefox - the extension is now stored in the user profile.
- Now supports Firefox / Firebird!
- UI changes, Diggler lives in its own pref panel now.
- Diggler now listens to pref changes more efficiently now.
- Added menu items to toggle image loading behaviour.
- Behind the scenes cleanup and preperation for adding some pref panel options to customize the popup even further.
- Cleaned up the tooltip so it doesn't appear when hovering over the drop down menu. Added a "new tab window" menu item to the drop down. Moved Diggler prefs to their own pref panel. Fixed some chrome issues with Mozilla 1.2.
- Added a popup killer checkbox to the menu so you can toggle popup windows without screwing around in your advanced preferences! Netscape doesn't even have a UI for this functionality, so it's even more useful there.
- Stylesheet tweaks to make it look nicer in the modern theme
- Added a checkbox to the Navigator prefs panel so you can toggle Diggler on or off just like you can with the Home, Go, Print & Search buttons.
- New menu item turns an http url into an ftp url and vice versa.
- Initial release